Thursday, March 5, 2009

03.05.2009

Darlinda, Standing In Profile And Reverse, Her Left Hand On Her Waist, Wearing Her Striped Shirt Wrapped Around Her Head
title: Darlinda, Standing In Profile And Reverse, Her Left Hand On Her Waist, Wearing Her Striped Shirt Wrapped Around Her Head
size: 9x12 in.
medium: watercolor, pencil
price: $200.00


I've been drawing some small heads and big hands on the models as of lately. This never used to be the case. I am usually so concerned with the face that my heads always end up being twice the size I intend for them to be. I think the recent changes are partially because the models stand on a raised platform and I sit right up close to time them and give them direction and that makes for some extreme angles. Also, I've been focusing more on drawing hands recently, something I always avoided. Hands are really tough for an artist that is not used to them. We tend to focus all our attention on faces. We toil to capture the expression and character in them and neglect the fact that the same can be achieved with drawings of hands.

No comments: