Friday, May 15, 2009

05.15.2009

700th Nude!!!

Louisa As A Gypsy, Standing In Profile, Her Left Hand On Her Hip
title: Louisa As A Gypsy, Standing In Profile, Her Left Hand On Her Hip
size: 11x15 in.
medium: watercolor, pencil
price: $200.00


Louisa As A Gypsy, Standing In Profile, Her Left Hand On Her Hip (Detail)

I painted this last night at the Society of Illustrators especially for this milestone. The night was filled with great energy. The model, Louisa, was new, and did a really good job. The band was new and provided a great soundtrack for the night. Katie filled in for Matt at the bar and mixed me some extra strong drinks, that helped me relax, let loose, and do this painting (which I'm pretty happy with). And I was lucky that the drinks didn't kick in fully until after I finished this drawing.

No comments: