Monday, September 7, 2009

09.07.2009

Happy Labor Day!

Martina, Standing In Reverse, With Left Hand On Her Hip, Looking Back II
title: Martina, Standing In Reverse, With Left Hand On Her Hip, Looking Back II
size: 9x12 in.
medium: watercolor, pencil
price: $150.00


Labor Day is the unofficial end to summer in the United States. In New York, a lot of places close for the month of August and people of every stripe take their summer vacations. The Society of Illustrators closes in August for renovations and I am forced to find other means of getting my figure drawing in. Unfortunately (or fortunately), for the past two years I have been swamped with freelance work in August. So I ended up taking the month off from figure drawing. I spent most of August putting up old sketches from the sketchbook. Today is another oldie (another version of a painting I posted over a year ago). But I'm glad to say that the Society of Illustrators Jazz & Sketch starts its Fall Season tomorrow. I'll still post an oldie tomorrow but will have new drawings starting on Wednesday. Thanks for staying with me through the hot summer months.

No comments: