Tuesday, June 1, 2010

06.01.2010

Seated Female Nude, Leaning Back On Her Left Arm, Her Right Hand Draped Over Her Raised Left Knee
title: Seated Female Nude, Leaning Back On Her Left Arm, Her Right Hand Draped Over Her Raised Left Knee
size: 11x15 in.
medium: watercolor
price: $150.00



Hey everyone it's June again. This is the Anniversary Month for Nude of the Day. If you go back into the archives, you'll notice that for the previous two anniversaries I ran a sale. I'm breaking tradition this year and not doing a sale for two reasons.

1. I will have some original watercolors at the Oh!No Doom Gallery in Chicago as part of their Painted Ladies show and don't want to cock-block them by running a sale. This is a show curated by my friends Lana Crooks and Max Bare, and features fellow friends and illustrators Dave Palumbo (check out his Postcard Nudes blog), Kristina Carroll and Steph Laberis along with other great tallents. Opening reception is this Saturday, June 5th, from 6 to 10PM. If you're in the area stop by and check out the work in person. A portion of the art sales will be donated to the Avon Breast Cancer Walk (taking place June 5-6th). I, unfortunately, won't be there, because:

2. I am leaving New York and moving to Portland Oregon at the end of June. Yeah, that's pretty HUGE!!! Everyone knows that moving is a pretty chaotic process. Preparing to move 3000 miles while still working a full time job (at least for a few more weeks), a plate-full of freelance work on top of that, and taking a week off to attend the Illustration Master Class, just adds to the stress. So I hope you understand me not wanting to add to the stress by running a sale. Besides, I'll be crating all my nudes and leaving them to the mercy of the shippers, so I won't have access to them for about a month. I'm not sure what will happen to the daily updates. I was thinking of ending Nude of the Day on the 3-Year Anniversary. But I really enjoy working from life and I hope to continue when I'm settled in my new home. I still have a few more weeks left moderating the sketch nights at the Society of Illustrators so you'll see a mix of new and old work for a while. I've also been researching the figure drawing options available in Portland and will hit them up as soon as I can. And if none of them work out quite the way I'd like them to, watch out Portland, I may just start my own sessions.

If you're bummed about missing out on the sale, I'm really sorry. Keep checking the blog, it may appear when you least expect it.

No comments: