Monday, May 30, 2011

05.30.2011

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Olive, Standing Guard As A Sentry, Looking Down
title: Olive, Seated In Profile, Her Left Hand In Her Lap
size: 9x12 in.
medium: watercolor, salt
price: $200.00


I decided to add some "pizazz" to the background with the good old salt trick. It is to watercolor like the lens-flare filter is to Photoshop; a cheep trick, but WAY better looking. Last time I used this technique was back in college, almost 10 years ago. I'm not 100% sure I like the look, but I think it adds a bit of dimension to the image. It makes it look like there is an active mind to this seated nude. What do you guys think?

I hope every one has a happy and safe Memorial Day. I wish I had something profound to say to honor the men and women who lost their lives defending our country. Unfortunately I'm much better at pictures than I am with words.

No comments: