Thursday, November 24, 2011

11.24.2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Sarah, Seated In Semi-Profile, Her Right Hand Resting On Her Knee
title: Sarah, Seated In Semi-Profile, Her Right Hand Resting On Her Knee
size: 11x14 in.
medium: oil (on canvas board)
price: $500.00


I painted this at one of Hipbone's long pose sessions. I've been meaning to make one for over a year now. This was day 2 of a 3-day pose. On day one, I used Anders Zorn's limited palette for the very first time. It was a bit on a challenge, but I liked the limits it put on me. What I didn't like was the lack of blues. So for this painting I added Phthalo blue to the mix. I also switched up my position from the previous day to get more of the model in and get some better lighting. This took 3 hours. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to day 3 to add more detail to the face and hand. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the long pose next month.

No comments: