Wednesday, February 1, 2012

02.01.2012

Emilie, Standing In Profile And Reverse, Touching Her Face With Her Left Hand
title: Emilie, Standing In Profile And Reverse, Touching Her Face With Her Left Hand
size: 5x7 in.
medium: watercolor (on Shizen paper)
price: $75.00


A few weeks ago a got a pack of Shizen Professional Grade watercolor paper. Made in India, it is 100% recycled from post consumer waste, which makes me feel a better about not cutting down more trees. It is also acid free and internally and externally sized like most professional grade watercolor papers. The biggest difference is the REALLY rough texture. It's difficult to do light washes and fine lines on the paper, but I really love the way washes pool and accentuate the paper's texture. As of now, it's still a love/hate relationship for me. But I bought a pack of 100 so I'll definitely be using it up over the next few months.

No comments: