Sunday, February 8, 2009

02.08.2009

Faux Maux, Standing In Profile, Leaning On A Cane
title: Faux Maux, Standing In Profile, Leaning On A Cane
size: 11x15 in.
medium: watercolor, pencil
price: $100.00


Another new model, Mo (who's stage name is Faux Maux, and also lives in Astoria), modeled while quite pregnant*. This is not new to me or the Society. We had a model in late pregnancy when I first started working at the Society. What was surprising about Mo was how well she held her poses.

* EDIT: Thanks to my my friend Darcy Dahl (who used to moderate the figure drawing sessions at Haven Arts) who emailed me to tell me that Faux Maux is not actually pregnant. In her own words: "I started calling myself 'deformed' only last year. I had to explain my deformity to art classes. 'No. I'm not pregnant.' 'No, I can't do that pose.'"

No comments: