Wednesday, March 30, 2011

03.30.2011

Laurel, Seated In Profile, Leaning Forward, Her Head Resting In Her Left Hand
title: Laurel, Seated In Profile, Leaning Forward, Her Head Resting In Her Left Hand
size: 6x9 in.
medium: watercolor
price: $75.00


I had to replenish my stock of paper and paints a week ago (the paints needed to be replenished for a number months now). Lucky for me Dick Blick was having a discount and free shipping on larger orders. I loaded up on a bunch of paper, and among them was a pad of 6x9 inch Strathmore Windpower watercolor paper. It's the same acid-free 140lb watercolor paper I love to use, but made using wind power. It costs about a dollar more than the regular pads but still lower than what you would pay at a retail store. It's a small, tiny, minuscule gesture I can make toward more sustainable art-making.

No comments: