Saturday, March 7, 2015

03.07.2015 - Blast From The Past: 01.01.2010

Margo, With Pink Flowers In Her Hair, Reclining On Her Right Side
title: Margo, With Pink Flowers In Her Hair, Reclining On Her Right Side
size: 9x12 in.
medium: watercolor, pencil
price: $200.00


Detail:
Margo, With Pink Flowers In Her Hair, Reclining On Her Right Side (Detail)


This was one of the last sketches I did in 2009. For the past few months I've been using strictly watercolor for my nudes. Not having the line-work underneath to act as the foundation for the painting can get tricky. A lot of my paintings suffer form distortions of proportions. After struggling most of the night with just the watercolor, I decided to do a quick under-drawing with the old pencil. This turned out to be the best sketch of the night, and one of the better ones I painted over the past few months. And it's a good sketch to start the new year off with.

No comments: