Sunday, March 15, 2015

03.15.2015 - Blast From The Past: 12.01.2009

Seated Female Nude, Her Right Leg Raised
title: Seated Female Nude, Her Right Leg Raised
size: 11x15 in.
medium: watercolor
price: $200.00



This painting was a 40 minute pose done at the Trapeze Loft in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. They hosted (and will continue hosting throughout December) a figure drawing session for illustrators organized by my friend Marc Scheff. This also happened to be the home of my good friend Rusty Zimmerman, whom I haven't seen since he moved there two months ago. It was great to catch up with Rusty and meet a talented bunch of Brooklyn illustrators who have not crossed my path before. The pose was divided in two 20 minute sessions. The longer poses I approach a little slower and more deliberatively than the shorter ones you see on the blog. I spent the first 20 minutes focusing on the face and dropping in a light outline of the proportions of the body. This leaves the second 20 minute session to focus on the body itself and allows for any shifts of the pose, Fortunately, the model (who's name I didn't catch) returned into the same pose masterfully after the break. It was a great night that ended with some hula-hoop demonstrations and instruction. Hopefully I'll have a chance to make it to a session in December.

No comments: