Thursday, October 16, 2014

10.16.2014

Reclining Male Nude
title: Reclining Male Nude
size: 9x24 in.
medium: watercolor, pencil
price: $300.00


Reclining Male Nude

Reclining Male Nude

A few weeks ago I went to the Figure Drawing Co-op at MCAD. It was a strange, but fun experience. There I was feeling like I was back in school, surrounded by a bunch of college students (I was). I didn't know what to expect going in. The session was four hours long comprised mostly of short poses, with one long pose at the end. Sadly all I brought with me was a 9x12 inch watercolor pad. This painting was from an hour-long pose. I spent a while struggling with the face of the model, which kept on taking up the bulk of the 9x12 sheet. I wanted to get more of him in, so I grabbed another sheet and tried to work on both pages at once. It was an hour-long struggle and I hated every minute of it. Every stroke of the pencil or the brush made me want to cringe. I wanted to throw in the towel and head out early. It wasn't until the last few minutes that it all started coming together, and the painting turned out not too shabby. I'm glad I stuck with it. Next time I go back, I'll have to bring a larger sheet of paper.

Tomorrow I'll have a special post! If you want a preview, check out my Instagram.

No comments: